Bhaiyaa Bole

Thursday, November 01, 2007

A night at the turf

Finally i bought the 50mm f/1.8 lens. I thought anyway i am going to stay with my cam atleast for 1-2 yrs more. It feels so light and quite good for low light. I took couple of night shots handheld, impossible with my prev lens (28-200).
So in the same jolly mood, i went to this horse racing club near my apartment in happy valley, HK. Thinking of running horses, the hopping jockeysand the cheering crowd. The entry was free for tourists !! I thought it was my day. It was the halloween time and people were having mugs and jars of beer. I thought the westerners (plenty of them there) were enjoying the night more for the partying than for the race itself.
I put 50 mm lens and tried to shoot the race but after couple of shots, i realized 50 mm hasd not good enough zoom for sports though it had wide enough aperture for the night. I changed back to 28-200 thinking of zooming to 200 and get some decent snaps if not superb. I knew this lens was slow but there i found it to be really really slow. My photographic mood disappeared soon. I nontheless enjoyed the race over a pint of Carlsberg and BigMac burger and came back.

0 Comments:

Add a comment